Maldives in Rajasthan – Sounds a little tricky but a real truth. Do you have any idea that apart from forts and palaces, there is even more in Rajasthan which will surely surprise you? Yes, the city of Rajasthan is known for its fascinating culture. Many places like Jaipur, Jodhpur, Udaipur, and Alwar are known for their heritage styles. But Rajasthan is not limited to this only, here you will get to see the hill station like Mount Abu, and waterfalls, hills, caves, and rivers add to the glory of this place.
There is a place in Rajasthan that feels like Maldives, also known as mini-Maldives. Yes, a place which is located in Kishangarh, Ajmer of Rajasthan which is moreover known as the mini-Maldives and also “The Moonland of Rajasthan”. It was a dumping yard before and at present, it is a famous tourist destination. If you are dreaming of going to Maldives, then instead of spending lakhs of money going so far, visit this unique place in Rajasthan this time.
You will have a great experience here and also know the amazing connection of Bollywood with this place. In this article, let me tell you about this unique place in Rajasthan.
- Place: Marble Pit Kishangarh
- State: Rajasthan
- District: Ajmer
- Location: JV88+93M, Paryavaran 2nd Rd, RICCO Industrial Area, Kishangarh, Rajasthan – 305801
- Best for: Pre-wedding photography, photoshoots
- Open and Close timings: 10 am – 5 pm (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Sunday)
Saturday 10 am – 8 pm
- Time required: 2 hours
- Entry fee: Free
- Kishangarh contact no: 01463 250 327
- Facilities available: Street food, restroom facility, and parking facilities are available
To Find Best Hill Stations Near Pune – Fantastic Holiday Destinations CLICK HERE.
About the place
The beautiful place of Rajasthan and the mini-Maldives is located in Kishangarh in the Ajmer district of the Indian state of Rajasthan, 103 kilometers from the capital city of Jaipur and 35 kilometers from the northwest of Ajmer. Although the marble slurry dump yard is an unusual place to visit, the views are breathtaking. It’s peculiar that a landfill appears to be beautiful and precise. The view of this place is the same as a paradise. Visually, this place also looks like Ladakh, Kashmir.
Many mountains are present in this heavenly-looking place and let me tell you, it is called the “Moon Land of Rajasthan”. Over the years this place has been converted into a white plateau, many people also come here for videography and photo shoots. Pre-wedding and fashion photo shoots are very popular, and the scenery is very similar to that of Ladakh. Here you can fully enjoy the location like how you do in the Maldives and the best thing about this place is that it is close to Jaipur, Delhi.
The evening here looks very beautiful. Here you can sit comfortably or even take a walk with your partner.
What was it before?
Over a wide region, there lies the Kishangarh Dumping Yard. You might be confused if you browse through photos of this area. There will be no reason for you to name it anything other than “Desi Switzerland,” as the villagers do.
It was a dumping yard before. This area of Rajasthan can be seen in the dumping area of Kishangarh. You will surely fall in love with the white beauty here. This famous tourist destination of Rajasthan is not only very attractive in nature, but people also like the man-made things here. It started when the residents of Kishangarh had to face difficulties regarding the accumulated garbage. Then they made it a marble area to clear the garbage.
It all began when Rajasthan State Industrial Development and Investment Corporation Ltd (RIICO) and the Kishangarh Marble Association faced the difficulty of disposing of waste marble, so they devised a plan to keep the debris on a specific plot of land. Later on, garbage collection became too much since it adopted the shape of the hill, and because the slurry is white, it appears to be white snow.
Due to the collaborative efforts of the State & Central Government, the second phase of this Dumping Yard was finished in 2009 under the Cluster Project. The slurry was deposited nonstop by the local Marble Association’s 200 tankers.
In 2015, the project was fully completed. RIICO & marble association assures full compliance with industrial standards and creates a pollution-free, clean, and green environment.
What’s interesting here?
Snow would cover everything around you and lovely green trees would be in the background if you were to stand in the middle of the dump. In the trash yard, there are several little ponds. The water in them is so transparent that you can see straight to the bottom. Visits to this incredible location are undoubtedly recommended.
Most suitable for photography and filmmaking
This is the ideal location for a picture session. Water that was artificially added enhances its attractiveness. The location has been utilized for several music videos and movie shoots. Let me inform you that here is where Salman Khan’s movie “Dabangg 3” shot the song Yun Karke. Along with this, the filming of popular movie songs for films like “Bhaagi 3” and “Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon,” starring Kapil Sharma, took place here. A lot of TV commercials and album songs are also filmed here. The filming of Punjabi songs was chosen for this site. This same location is used for several picture and video projects. Overall, this location provides decent mobility exercise.
Entry is free, but authorization is needed.
You need authorization to shoot at this site. Even though admission is free, you still need a pass to access the venue. This region and the dump yard are just 500 meters apart. You must complete some paperwork in order to receive a pass that gives you entrance to the yard, and you can enter using your ID card and pass. There is no fee for admission; you only need permission. In other circumstances, you must get authorization well in advance of the shoot day before performing a drone or camera picture or video shoot.
Getting to Kishangarh
Ajmer is 30 km away, so it takes 30 minutes to go there. Jaipur is 103 km away, and it takes two hours to get there. Between the hours of 10 am and 5 pm, you must get permission from the Marble Association office by paying Rs. 50 per person. The best time to visit this site is between 11 am to 4 pm. You are also welcome to visit us during the winter.
The dump is located roughly 8 kilometers from Kishangarh Airport. It will be simple for you to get there if you take a cab. Only 5 kilometers separate the Main Bus stop from the dump. Take a vehicle from here to go to the yard.
Prior to organizing this journey, there are certain crucial considerations.
- One of Ajmer’s most popular tourist destinations nowadays is the landfill.
- The locals particularly like the area as a fantastic spot for taking photos to share on social media.
- Future newlyweds often consider this site suitable for their pre-wedding picture shoot.
- You are welcome to come here and hang out with friends for a bit.
- Despite the fact that the government is in charge here, the building is still going on.
- You may also capture the sun setting in some lovely photographs.
- If you have a dust allergy, try to avoid going here.
- When checking in, it’s a good idea to mention if you plan to bring any professional cameras.
- A white marble waste is surrounded by a large landscape with several little water features. Be careful and avoid getting too near to the water.
- There is a restroom facility as well.
- On Sunday as well, horses are accessible for riding and photo ops.
- You may go there with a bicycling group and it’s great to do off-road riding there.
- Early in the morning and late at night are the ideal times to visit.
- There is a strict no-alcohol regulation in place at the Kishangarh Dumping Yard.
- Strive to stay away from the area’s ponds.
- Since vehicles are allowed inside the dump, drive carefully.
- If you have respiratory issues, think about wearing a mask while you’re there.
What time of the season is ideal for visiting Kishangarh?
The best time of year to visit the Kishangarh Dumping Yard in Ajmer maybe during the winter. At that time of year, it has a mesmerizing appearance. Both early in the morning and late at night are the finest times to visit.
- If you’re visiting in the summer, it’s better to visit earlier than 11:00 in the morning.
- The best time to see a sunset is in the late afternoon.
- Mansuri-Market is a well-known local market for its street shopping, as are the adjacent markets and retail sectors. You might purchase clothes for less money here.
- Katla Market is one of the city’s oldest markets. The business’s structure dates back a long time. Everything from décor to apparel and wooden objects is available for purchase here.
- One should visit the Marble Handicraft Market if one want to buy marble statues and artwork.
Things to remember
- The bulk of the required services are reachable on the highway, but there are no shops near the dump, so it would be a good idea to carry some food and beverages with you if you are planning a prolonged stay.
- Quick access to emergency services every single day.
- Accommodations and dining options are available along the midway.
1. Crystal Park Kishangarh
4.1 km (11min)
RK Community Centre, Vinayak Nagar Front of, Link Rd, Kishangarh, Rajasthan- 305801
2. The Chitvan resorts
20.6 km (23min)
Jaipur Rd, opp, Karunalaya and ARG city, Rajasthan – 305023
3. Hotel Kumkum
3.4 km (9min)
R K, Link Rd, Madanganj, Kishangarh, Rajasthan – 305801
If you wanted to travel to the Maldives but were unable to do so because of budgetary constraints, Kishangarh is the finest spot for you to go. However, be prepared to cope with lots of wind surges and marble dust! Anyone with asthma, dust allergies, or respiratory issues is advised not to visit this place. One must carry their own food and water bottles because there are no businesses around. Pre-wedding photo shoots and professional photography sessions are ideal at this site. Professional cameras could cost more money. Overall, though, this place is wonderful and well worth a trip.