Pune has a lot to offer for picnic junkies. With so many attractive places around. Tamhini Ghat is one of the best beautiful picnic place in the pune. Another one day gateway, familiar for its surroundings, impressive lakes and waterfalls, Tamhini Ghat is a great place to head towards on a weekend.
You must be familiar with the name Tamhini Ghat while visiting picnic spots like Andharban Jungle and Raigad, Devkund waterfall, Kolad, and Konkan regions. Tamhini Ghat is famous for its broad, all-encompassing vistas and well known for the pleasant picturesque long drives that the road offers, Enveloped in fog and clouds hanging low surrounded by rich green spread and cascades. It is a road frequently wondering yet stays unexplored. Located around 40 kms from Pune, Tamhini Ghat is a mountain hallway nestled in the Western Ghats’ lap through Tamhini and Mushli in Maharashtra. The Tamhini Ghat slices across the Sahyadri ranges to join Kokan region and the Pune.
How to reach Tahmini Ghat
- Pune to Tamhini Ghat: Pune roads closely connect Tamhini Ghat. The state buses that strand through the Tamhini Ghat connecting Pune city with places on the Goa highway (NH17). The most well known option to reach and explore Tamhini Ghat is via a road in your private vehicle, a road, in short trip. Another best way is drive ahead of the Pirangut village and take the road to Mulshi Lake. After around 20 kms, you will place the Mulshi Lake.
- Mumbai to Tamhini Ghat : Take the Rasayani – Imagica Theme Park – Pali –Vile route. This will guide you to the Tamhini Ghat and the Mulshi Lake road, And also be reached from Mumbai via the Mumbai-Goa
Best Months to Visit Tamhini Ghat : July and September
Location: Sahyadri, Western Ghats, Maharashtra.
Where to Stay in Tamhini Ghat?
- Aquarius ResortAddress: Sinhgad Road, Gorhe Budruk, Khirid Vasti, Near Khadakwasala Dam, Pune.
Web site: resortaquarius.com
- Tikona Farms – Lakeside Agro Tourism
Address: At Post – Kashig,Taluka Mulashi,Paud-Lonavala road, Pune.Telephone: +919823407700Web site: tikonafarms.com
- The Fern An Ecotel Hotel, Lonavala
Survey No. 84/1 to 4/2, Lonavala, 410401, Maharashtra.
- Hotel Royal Park
Hotel Royal Park, Lonavala, Maharashtra, India.
Attractions near by Tamhini Ghat
- Mulshi Dam : One of the major attractions along the Tamhini Ghat is the serene Mulshi Lake or the Mulshi Dam backwaters. It is perfect nearby location close to Tamhini Ghat but, on the other hand, is known for its exciting river floating activities. Besides that, This place is a mainstream outing place and offers entrancing place for exploring.
- Andharban Trail Point : Andharban is one of the several advantages focuses situated at the spot. There is a permitted path reminding the place where you can discover numerous romers. The route is a popular climbing trail that offers clearing vistas of the environment. It will take you through numerous impressive streams and floating cascades amidst lush flora and fauna.
- Tamhini Waterfalls: The most notable enchantment is charming Tamhini Waterfalls. Otherwise called the Valse, these cascades course down aenormous stature and create a base pool. Besides touring, traveling and picnicking, vacationers also love swimming in the water or taking a plunge.
Places to Visit Nearby Tamhini Ghat
- The top sightseeing places in Lonavala are Tiger’s Leap
- Bushi Dam
- Lonavala Lake
- Sunil’s Celebrity Wax Museum
- Rajmachi Fort
- 30 km from Tamhini ghat
It is famous location on the shore of the Warasgaon lake making it one of the major hotspots for all sorts of water sports and activities. It is located 9 km from Tamhini ghat.
- Kamshet is also famous for the ancient Bedse Caves.
- Kondeshwar Temple.
- 64 km from Tamhini Ghat.
Are You Planning To Visit Bangalore? Checkout The Best Picnic Places Near Bangalore.
The only option to reach Tamhini is to ride up to it. Tamhini is well connected by road from Pune.It is best weekend gateway from pune.